Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA)
We are here to serve
ZIMRA is the revenue collecting arm of the Government of Zimbabwe. Our mission is to promote economic development through efficient revenue generation and trade facilitation. As a revenue authority, ZIMRA strives to be a beacon of excellence in the provision of fiscal services and trade facilitation.
The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority, which derives its mandate from the Revenue Authority Act [Chapter 23:11] and other subsidiary legislation, is responsible for assessing, collecting and accounting for revenue on behalf of the State through the Ministry of Finance.
ZIMRA’s mandate is to:-
- Collect revenue – The following are some of the revenue heads which are administered by ZIMRA:
- Customs Duty – levied on imported goods in terms the Customs and Excise Act [Chapter 23:02]
- Value Added Tax (VAT) – levied on consumption of goods and services
- Excise Duty – levied on specified locally manufactured goods
- Income Tax – levied on income earned from trade
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE)- levied on income earned from employment
- Presumptive Taxes– it’s a concept of taxation according to which Income Tax is based on average income instead of actual income
- Mining Royalties – charged in terms of the Mines and Minerals Act (Chapter 21:05)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) – levied on sale of immovable properties and marketable securities
- Surtax – levied on imported vehicles older than five years
- Facilitate trade and travel – This is achieved by ensuring smooth movement of goods and people through inland and border posts of entry/exit.
- Advise Government on fiscal and economic matters – This includesrevenue forecasting, participation in national budget process and revision of Acts.
- Protect civil society – ZIMRA’s operations also include curbing smuggling and any forms of international trade crime as well as to enforce import, export and exchange controls. Most of these controls are meant to protect the consumer against dangerous and harmful drugs, hazardous substances, expired drugs, pornographic, objectionable or undesirable materials, and harmful substances.
What services are provided to Exporters?
The Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA) ensures smooth movement of goods through inland and border posts of entry/exit
6th Floor, ZB Centre
Cnr First Street/Kwame Nkrumah Ave
PO Box 4360, Harare, Zimbabwe
Tel: +263-4-758891/5, +263-4-790813, +263-4-790814, +263-4-781345, +263-4-751624, +263-4-752731.
- Taxpayer Appreciation Day
- ZIMRA Annual Charity Ball