Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ)
Achieving business excellence through standards
The Standards Association of Zimbabwe (SAZ) is the national body, formed in 1957 and incorporated in 1960. The Association is a non-government and non-profit organization operating under the Zimbabwe Companies’ Act with Articles and Memorandum of Association.
SAZ’S mission is to facilitate the development and use of Standards in order to enhance Zimbabwe’s competitiveness and safe
- Standards Development and Information-SAZ has a state of the art Standards Development and Information division manned by highly trained and experienced staff which develops and publishes local and international standards.
- Systems and Product Certification-The Standards Association of Zimbabwe offers system and product certification services covering quality, food safety, Environment management and occupational health and safety and product certification.
- Inspection and Testing-We have a robust technical services division which provides laboratory testing facilities to producers and consumers for testing of manufactured goods and raw material.
- Training-The Standards Association of Zimbabwe has conducted training in various standards-related matters including auditing, certification, standards development and awareness in the various ISO standards.
What services are provided to Exporters?
The World Trade Organization (WTO) deals with rules of trade between nations with the aim of liberating trade. Zimbabwe is a member of the WTO. At the centre of the WTO multilateral trading system are the WTO agreements including the WTO/TBT Agreement, which aims to ensure that standards and conformity assessment procedures (inspections, certifications etc.) do not create unnecessary barriers to trade. Standards Association of Zimbabwe Information Centre is the WTO/TBT National Enquiry Point (NEP) of Zimbabwe for standards and conformity assessment procedures. Technical regulations are handled by various government departments and requests for such information are referred to the relevant government departments.
1 Northend Close, Northridge Park, Borrowdale, Harare, Zimbabwe
- World Standards Day
- National Annual Quality Awards (NAQA)
- Communications meeting
- CEO’s Conference