Trade is the backbone of the Zimbabwean economy, with export spearheading the economic development agenda. Export generates foreign exchange earnings, creates employment, helps alleviate poverty, facilitates transfer of technology, encourages innovation, and attracts investments, including FDI.
ZimTrade is totally committed to promoting Zimbabwe as a reliable and competitive Sourcing and Business Destination for manufactured goods, horticultural products and value added services. Our promotion activities are carefully designed and implemented to stimulate exports to existing and new markets. We provide assistance to our established exporters as well as to would-be exporters to understand and penetrate developed and emerging markets.
ZimTrade undertakes a wide range of targeted export promotion activities. These include:
- Participation in regional and international trade fairs and exhibitions.
- Organising trade visits and missions for face-to-face meetings with pre-screened partners
- Organising Buyer-Seller Meetings
- Participate in and organise Business Summits, Conferences, Workshop and Business Fora
- Organise International Buyer’s Programmes to bring selected international buyers to Zimbabwe to meet Zimbabwean exporters
- Organise business Match-Making events to find a partner/buyer
- Organize Product demonstrations and Tasting
The twin objectives of our export promotion activities are:
- To enhance the visibility of Zimbabwe as a Sourcing Destination in both traditional as well as emerging markets, and,
- To build relationship between Zimbabwean exporters and the international buyers’ community to make business happen.